Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yet Another Hat

I had to knit this hat for two reasons.  One, the pattern is called Acorns and two, when I purchased it, a portion of the proceeds were going to Haiti relief.

Suddenly I can't stop knitting hats.  First Odessa, now this and I've already got another on the needles - Minerva - and the patterns and yarn for a Sloochie and a Ripley waiting patiently in my knitting basket. 

Front

Side 

Acorns up close

And then there's the sock pull I'm feeling.  I read a little of a pattern from the most recent issue of The Knitter before taking a little nap today and I had dreams of sock knitting.  Obviously this reading before sleep thing really influences my dreams because, after reading his blog the other night, I had a dream I was dating Jorge Garcia ("Hurley" from Lost).  In case you were wondering, Dream Date Jorge was very nice and rather shy.

Ahem, I digress.  Back to the hat.  I used the Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Amber Heather that I had left over from my FLS and size 7 needles.  I added one repeat of the lace pattern horizontally because I wanted a hat that was less snug.  If I were to knit it again, I would delete the last vertical repeat of the pattern so that I wouldn't have to fold over the brim to make it fit.

In other news, I made a rhubarb crumble today and, I have to say, it was freaking fantastic.  I used this simple recipe - seriously, only six ingredients - and was afraid it was going to be terrible.  I couldn't even wait until after dinner to find out so we had dessert first.  Thankfully, it was slightly sweet and perfectly wonderful.  It's a quarter after eleven now and much too late for a dose of sugar but I'm awfully tempted to have a second serving....  



4 comments:

  1. Definitely try socks!! I was scared to try them at first, but now I love them. And they're a nice small, portable project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dreamed last night I was dating Jorge! I felt really guilty, because I knew he had a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course I was shy. It was the first time we met.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job with the hats! i think that might be next on my needles.

    ReplyDelete