Saturday, May 7, 2011

Have You Seen the Little Piggies?

My favorite project in the My Space, My Time class that I took over the past few months was the pinch pot piggy project.


IMG_7310


I haven't played with clay since high school and had forgotten how much fun it is! His a very imperfect little piggy but it was pretty amazing to see him come out of that ball of clay. I especially like the tiny little tilt of his head.


IMG_7313


His trotters are pretty cute, too.


IMG_7315


Some made them into tiny banks but I thought a little figurine for Emmett's room would be nice.


I really enjoyed the class and wish I had more time to do more creative things. While the class was on, Mondays were a guaranteed great day - getting to play with paints and clay and things and talk to grown ups just made the rest of the day easier to get through. Thankfully, a few of us are still getting together for coffee and I've met with a couple at play group as well. 


Now if I just had room for a kiln somewhere in this house....



3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I tried a pottery class once and was an utter failure. So I am doubly, even triply impressed.

    ReplyDelete