Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Visa Tidbit and a Little Knitting

Matt and I decided to give Worldbridge, the liaison company for the embassy, another call yesterday.   After being led to believe they were going to help us last time only to be let down, I was a little leery but I made a new friend recently on Ravelry who, uncannily, was in nearly my exact same position except that she received her visa weeks ago.  That was enough to make us decide that giving Worldbridge one more try might be worth it.

I can't quite say for sure yet but I think it actually might have helped.  I received an email this morning letting me know that my request had been escalated for detailed research.  I have every part of my body crossed in hopes that we get some good news. 

I cast on Kiri this afternoon in the Fino that I splurged on for my birthday.  I'm about fifteen rows in and I can already see the leaf pattern - for me, seeing the design start to take shape is what makes lace worth it.  It's like magic - a yarn over here a knit two together there....

Hopefully the yarn for the Gooseberry Cardigan will arrive tomorrow.  After coming home from the Wool Gathering on Saturday with no yarn (I had a really great list of possible projects, too), Matt suggested finding something online instead.  I'd been thinking about that cardigan since I'd picked up Interweave Knits - Weekend (I think there's a lot of good stuff in the issue).  It's top down but it still has some challenges and the sleeves are knit flat so I'll get to try at least a little seaming.  I'm not quite ready to dive into the world of expensive yarn for sweaters, though, so I found a nice red in Knit Picks City Tweed.  I really should finish Buddy's sweater first, though....

Speaking of Buddy - he graduates from puppy class tonight.  I haven't gone for several weeks because it's a couple hours of alone time for me and, honestly, I came home with a raging headache each time due to Buddy's barking.  He's just about the friendliest thing ever and he couldn't understand why he couldn't play with his classmates.  Mom and Dad said he's gotten better, though, and I can't miss the little guy's graduation.  We spend an awful lot of time together, after all. 



1 comment:

  1. That city tweed is really nice - way softer than I thought it'd be! you'll love it! I'm crossing everything for your visa too!

    ReplyDelete