Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

IMG_4049

Matt made this for me when I wasn't feeling well the other day and it's my new favorite drink: Twinnings Chamomile Honey and Vanilla* tea with two teaspoons of honey, the juice of half a lemon and one lump of brown sugar.  It's doubly good when served in a cute Cath Kidston mug as is the one I'm drinking right now.  :)

Clementines 

I think we've just about reached the end of clementine season which makes me a little sad but we've certainly eaten lots this year.  Perfectly sweet, easy to peel and those little sections are so freaking cute.  And you get the added bonus of having this song stuck your head all day long. 

IMG_4060

Catherine sent me the recipe for Anzac biscuits the other day because it contains another of my favorite things: golden syrup.  Sadly, I didn't get around to making them until last night.  Why "sadly"?  Had I made them the day she sent the email (I even bought coconut that night at the grocery so I had good intentions) they would have been in my life a few days earlier.  They're that good. 

*for aesthetic reasons I used another brand of chamomile - the Twinnings comes in plain white bags with no tea tag which would make this look like it was just an empty mug sitting next to a lemon



2 comments:

  1. i absolutely love love love that cup!
    p.s. i think i am back to blogging - very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bikkies look yummy Emily! and I love hot tea with lemon; there's nothing better when you've got a cold (except I add honey to it)-hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete