Friday, February 12, 2010

The Bookplace

Bookplace

So this is what I was talking about yesterday - a non-functioning fireplace stuffed full of books.  When I first saw this on Apartment Therapy a few months ago I thought it might just be perfect.  At first I put a small chest in there stacked with some of Matt's coffee table books on ships from the 1800's and a giant shell but yesterday I decided to give the books a try.  It could totally be seen as messy but I really like it and I think the stuffing turned out perfectly.  I did it while Matt was at work but, thankfully, he loved it, too. 

What do you think?  Cute?  A total mess?  Or an abomination?



7 comments:

  1. I think that looks pretty cool! You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! god help you if you take a notion to read on of them - although it looks stuffed just enough that if you took on out the space would probably totally stay there! and I'm super happy to see your needlepoint in a nice prominent place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on the same wavelength as chris... and as beuatiful as the colors are, you put HARRY POTTER right where you won't be able to get to it?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention that I think it's way cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it looks cute - i give you an A+ on your stacking skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks good! What else would you do with a non-functioning fire place? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting read. I will have to bookmark it for later.

    ReplyDelete