Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Little Something Made for Me

Laughing at Matt

I can't help but laugh when Matt takes pictures of me and the bump. Snap, snap, snap - he missed his calling and really should have been a member of the paparazzi. 

This is the exact same location as my last bump shoot but we didn't go out with photos of my 36 week and 3 day old bump and my new "baby's going to be here soon!" haircut in mind.  No, the scarf is actually the star of these photos.


IMG_0237 

This is the One Skein Scarf from Debbie Stoller's Happy Hooker book. Last week I started on a cowl in a pretty blue but, even though I'm only about ten or fifteen rows from binding off, I'm really not happy with the first two inches and am thinking about frogging it.  I really wanted a scarf and bought three skeins of this Rowan Pure Aran Wool at John
Lewis the other day, determined to knit a nice, long, thick scarf for
myself.  I started a couple and wasn't really happy with them but then I found this one and, though it's not what I had in mind, I like it and it was a satisfying little project.  Now I can get back to our little acorn's coming home cardigan since I found my notes the other day, thank goodness.

I remember attempting this scarf when I first bought Happy Hooker which must have been right after I learned to crochet and an attempt was all I made.  It seemed so difficult and I think I gave up pretty quickly.  Thank goodness for experience.  Now I'm thinking these might make good Christmas gifts - quick, cute and inexpensive. 


IMG_0254

This button was one of the fun little birthday presents I found on my breakfast tray the morning of my birthday.  I know that's a crocheted scarf next to an I <3 Knitting button but I like the picture.  


Squirrel-seeks-chipmunk 

Matt brought this home for me today and I can't wait to crack it open tonight.  Normally I would want the audiobook version but when we looked into it last night (after he looked for it at the Waterstone's in Oxford and found that it was already sold out) we found out that it's only three hours long and there are three other narrators.  If it were just him reading the stories I wouldn't have minded but since it's not, I'll just hear him read it in my head!



3 comments:

  1. I've been reading Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk on my new Kindle and I totally hear him reading it to me in my head! it's great, btw! oh, as is your scarf and the photography!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this book myself this morning, and thought of you immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about the book. I hope your enjoying it! The scarf is lovely also! I've awarded you a lovely blog award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete