Thursday, October 14, 2010

[Probably] The Last of the Baby Knitting

Thanks so much for all of the kind and supportive comments on Tuesday's "We're Having a Baby" freak out post. Two days later and it's sunk in enough that I'm not only feeling somewhat better but I'm also large and uncomfortable enough to look at the bright side of delivering a bit early. 


HIs crib/cradle arrived yesterday and we bought sheets for it today so, other than doing a bit of rearranging in our bedroom to fit the crib/cradle, we're physically ready for him to arrive.


And I've finished what will probably be the last of the baby knitting for awhile.  


Bitty Cabled Cardigan - Full
Bitty Cable Cardigan - Cable


I finally finished the Bitty Cable Cardigan that we're beinging him home in. I had ridiculous amounts of trouble with this for ridiculous reasons.  I found my notes last week, though, frogged the entire thing, started over and finished it off in two days.  Then I paired it with the little trousers I thought it would go well with and it didn't go as well as I thought it would so we today started a mad scramble to find something and happened upon a really tiny pair of jeans that look perfect.  I knitted it with Debbie Bliss Rialto which I would defintely recommend for baby sweaters - after blocking it's fantastically soft. 


Baby Sophisticate


Baby Sophisticate - Full


And this is a last minute knit - the Baby Sophisticate.  I still had two skeins of Rowan Wool Aran leftover from my One Skein Scarf that I crocheted for myself last week and couldn't help but use most of it to knit up something for the acorn. 


We did a lot of running around today - a bit of shopping, a midwife appointment, meeting Matt's mum and stepdad for tea - and took a two hour nap when we got home but here it is eleven o'clock and I could defintely sleep like I hadn't had a nap at all.  I can't believe how tired I've been this past week and know I should enjoy the ability to sleep as much as I can.  So off to bed for me.  



5 comments:

  1. These are adorable! You did a great job - I'm sure they'll look fantastic on your new baby. Hope everything goes well with your delivery! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely rest now! Once you have the baby, everyone will be telling you, "Sleep while the baby naps." Good advice, but I rarely took it. When else was I going to cook or clean or make phone calls?
    Beautiful knitting! What a lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cardigan with the shawl cardigan is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "shawl collar," of course. But you had that figured out, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This costume is looking so nice and it will very much suits for new born baby. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dltSMuT1HN4 I love your creative work and designs. Definitely they are adorable. Gonna try this stuff for my sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete