Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Quick Update

IMG_1961 As I'm sure you've guessed, my days and nights revolve around around this little guy. He'll be six weeks old tomorrow and I can't imagine where those six weeks went! We're all doing great. He had a pre-six week check up today where he was measured and weighed and he now weighs a healthy nine pounds, ten ounces. We struggled with his weight a little in those first few weeks and had to supplement breast feeding with a bottle - all seems to be on track now.


Emmett in His Bath Towel
I'm ridiculously behind on keeping in touch. Pretty much anything I do now is done one handed on the iTouch which is great for reading blogs but not for commenting or replying to emails. I do want to take a few minutes between here and Christmas to pick up some yarn again. I can't let Emmett have his first Chrsitmas without something handmade! I think some kind of crocheted toy can be made while Matt gives him his nightly bottle.


I can't believe Christmas is just a little over two weeks away! 


Would like to post more but a hungry Emmett who just had his nappy changed is now in need of his mommy....



6 comments:

  1. Yay you are over the hump, I had to supplement with Sprocket as well, but I found that going to my local La Leche League meetings was a great way to get info and meet other Mums with babies, plus I knew I could nurse there and not worry. I was a bit wary of going because I wasn't really sure what the deal was but it was really supportive and not at all cliquey. It was such a relief to meet other Mums who could validate my experiences. You look GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness --- you've become so British! "Nappy," indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay - an Emily post! And pictures! I know you have far more important things to do but I have missed your posts. Good to see you're all doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree you are over the nursing is so freakin hard hump! Keep up the good work Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that picture with you and Emmett is just beyond adorable - it better be framed in your flat somewhere (hehe! i said "flat"!) You look wonderful in it, by the way - not atl all exhausted, which is how you probably feel! Like Sarah, I'm so glad to see some pictures even though it seems kinda selfish to think you ought to make time for us to have something to squee over! and yes, that little guy certainly deserves a little crocheted thing - don't forget that you've got that whole Roxycraft pattern collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Sweet He has Successfully crossed six weeks..U are really lucky to have cute little one with you,Great that he is healthy nine pounds!!!https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=817789614&email=7cff47bb7cdcb76fbfa15e66c81a1961 Have a nice Christmas with ur loved ones...Wish u a Great Event!!!

    ReplyDelete