Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Quiet Canal Boat Ride

We took a canal boat trip for Matt's sisters (the twins) birthday on the Lady Lena on Tuesday. 


CIMG4315 


CIMG4313

Unfortunately, it rained just about up until we got on the boat then there was a tiny break and...more rain. These photos of the boat were taken after the trip - hence the piles of snuggly lap blankets.  Despite the rain, it was a smooth relaxing trip complete with champagne.  Well, sips of champagne for me anyway. 


CIMG4306
 


CIMG4304 

After the boat ride we went into Bath for lunch and cake at Ruth's flat.  Tippy top floor.  After walking the hilly streets of Bath from the carpark.  Havoc on a the pregnant. 


CIMG4316

But there were Ben's Cookies to be had - the coconut ones are my favorites - and a quick stop at Lush for my favorite bubble bar: Karma and both of those things make the hike worth it!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! I really enjoy the updates from your new life and town. It amazes me the contrast to life in Dayton. You look to be living in fairy tale town. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so nice! Bath just looks like such an interesting town, the buildings are so neat.
    My friend had her bouncing baby boy today - welcome to the world William!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you KIDDING me??! I swear you are living in a movie now!

    ReplyDelete