Friday, June 18, 2010

I Love the Lambs, Not the Sheep*


CIMG4385

I've kind of lost my knitting mojo recently but I was able to pull out a crochet hook and crochet up a couple of sheep for Ginny's baby shower last Sunday.  First we have Sheldon, a super soft sheep made with some of my mother-in-law's alpaca yarn.  Due to a slower than usual breakfast at Young's Dairy I was scrambling to make it to the shower on time and only had a few minutes to take photos hence the glaring whiteness of this little guy.  He turned out really cute, though, and was easy and quick to crochet.


CIMG4380 


CIMG4381

This little cutie from Tamie Snow's Tiny Yarn Animals book was really hard to part with!  I'm definitely going to crochet one of these for myself. 

Now it's time to start thinking about hooks and little woodland creatures.  Thank goodness for Ravelry!  I've already found several patterns that should keep me busy for at least a little while....

*so says French diplomat Roger Peyrefitte anyway


2 comments: