Monday, July 30, 2012

Newly Made LEGO Geek

I always knew Emmett was going to be a boy. I might have harbored a little desire, a little hope for a girl but even when we left for the scan that would (hopefully) tell us if our baby was made of sugar and spice or puppy dog tails, I knew. I'd always thought my first would be a boy.


It's still up in the air whether Emmett will be an only child or not but even if we did have a second, I might have another boy which makes me a little sad when I think about not getting to knit girly things, have tea parties and sew clothing for dolls. BUT there are lots of great things about boys, too. Lego being one of them I've already discovered. This is my latest obsession: Lego Minifigures!


MF Bag


Matt had been watching Megafactories and got me to watch the Lego episode. We were both so impressed with everything that goes into making even the smallest piece and it gave me an itch. I wanted some Legos. Matt happened to find these at the grocery that night and the obsession began.


Series 7 Trio-001


Unfortunately, I've ended up with several doubles. Two bagpipe players, two knights and two of these guys:


Spaced
This one, though, has two different faces. The detail on these minifugures is absolutely amazing. After a disappointing amount of doubles I started trying to use my x-ray vision to figure out which figure was in each bag. Okay, really I just felt around a bit, trying to feel for a piece that might give me a clue. It worked! I had really wanted this merman.


Merman


Then I said was taking a break. No more for awhile. Until I found a random series five at Tesco the other day.


Lumberjack
Now I really want to get the office worker from series seven so that I can put his coffee cup in the lumberjack's hand...


Luke
...it's Luke from the Gilmore Girls (if his hat were blue)!


And then today I found some series six packets at the toy store. This guy has two faces, too.


Sleepy
Yawn!


Asleep
And asleep!


Now I can start mixing and matching, too.


Tough Guy


They also have a Team GB set. I've only bought one.


IMG_2990
I should have taken a photo of him slightly tilted because the lion logo on his swim cap is neat. I love that he has drops of water on him as well. He's much more detailed than the lady swimmer from series seven. I'm not a big fan of the chiseled cheeks, though.


I figure (no pun intended) that by the time Emmett's actually old enough to play with these, I'll he'll have a really nice collection!



1 comment:

  1. I think by the time emmett is old enough to play with them you'll be too into your collection to let him!! Haha! Those are really great though - I love the lumber jack and the pajama guy!!!

    ReplyDelete