Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Viking Explaination

Why the new blog?  If the visa ever arrives and I do get to move to Salisbury (fingers crossed here that I haven't already jinxed myself by starting this before I get over there), I know my life will be full of new challenges and experiences.  I hope there's going to be much to share and that hope makes me want to blog more often and with more purpose.  This is definitely the second chapter of me and I think like a new persona is needed to celebrate it.   

Why Viking Tea Party?  It stemmed from something Matt said before we were even engaged, I think.  He compared himself to a viking - you know, "I'm here for your daughter...and the cats."  I'm not quite sure how this next part came about but I don't think he could ever be a true viking (i.e. pillaging and such) - he's more like the kind of viking you'd invite to a tea party.  After all, he swept me off my feet, he didn't throw me over his shoulder and carry me away.   So when I started thinking about a new blog, Viking Tea Party seemed like a good choice.

Oh, and I didn't want several years of writing to disappear so I decided not to entirely abandon the Dainty Kitty blog.  I actually imported it to an additional blog under this name and linked it down on the right. 



1 comment:

  1. Welcome to your new digs! The layout is really nice --- clean and crisp.

    ReplyDelete