Monday, July 20, 2009

Things To Do

I had started and completed several tasks on a 101 in 1001 list but I knew that moving to a new country wouldmake some of the unfinished tasks impossible.  With that in mind, I started a new list but, early on, I realized I didn't know enough about my new home to come up with 101 things.  There are dozens - hundreds? - of things out there that I'm completely unaware of but that I would love to do, challenging or otherwise.  So I'm going to start a list but merely call it a Things to Do list - no limit to the number of things I want to do or how long I have to complete them.  A never ending 101+ list.

My list - so far -

bold - complete
italics - working on

WELL DESERVED CHEATS

Visit England
Get engaged and married (at least I counted them as one task!)

Move to England

TRAVEL

Travel first class once
Visit ? new countries
Learn to speak a little French
Learn to drive on the left

FOOD

Try four new cookie recipes
Bake three kinds of bread
Make macaroni and cheese from scratch
Make flapjacks (October '09)
Make pickles
Have a picnic at Stourhead
Visit three new pubs
Cook a three course meal with Matt

WORK

Make a documentary with Matt

LOCAL

Go to the Salisbury knitting group (1 November, 2009)
See three plays at the playhouse - (Arsenic & Old Lace)
Get a National Trust membership (2 November, 2009)
Sell something at Fisherton Mill
Attend a wine tasting
Join the local library
Visit five National Trust sites
Go for a full moon walk around the Cathedral
Visit a bluebell field.
Go to the top of the Cathedral
Feed the ducks

CRAFT

Knit a sweater for me
Finish Dad’s socks
Send 10 post crossing postcards
Learn Photoshop
Learn to knit continental
Finish the dollhouse

PHOTOGRAPHY

Take a class

LIFE

Go off The Pill
Pass the Life in the UK test and get my indefinite LTR
Buy a pair of wellies and jump in some puddles

READING

Finish Mapp & Lucia

WRITING

Accomplish NaBloWriMo once

FOR FUN

Spend and ENTIRE day in bed with my husband
See Elvis in concert
Find a new favorite magazine and subscribe

FILM

Finally watch An Inconvenient Truth

HEALTH

Buy new glasses



No comments:

Post a Comment