Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Wedding: Pre-Ceremony

A few of my favorite photos with comments...

IMG_1058

photo by me

Mom and Dad have always had the stars and stripes flying out front but, a few days before the wedding, Dad added the British flag as well.  His toast - which was wonderful - touched on the fact that not only was this wedding a union of two people and two families but also two countries and this pair of flags represented that beautifully.  As far as I know, they have no intention of taking it down - I really wonder what the neighbors think!

ADSC_0095 

photo by Punch Pink  

The wedding party - Matt's brother, Giles, myself, Matt and Ginny

Not only did Ginny (along with Lisa a.k.a. Punch Pink, my photographer) bring me a Madame Peanutbutterfly from Boston Stoker (where we knit on Sunday nights) but she also did a beautiful job with my make up.  Note the champagne glass....

ADSC_0268

photo by Punch Pink

These are a few of my favorite posed shots, all by Punch Pink, that were taken before the ceremony.  She did a fantastic job and I can't wait to see how she does with her next wedding.  ;)

ADSC_0471

ADSC_0039

ADSC_0043

ADSC_0050

I loved my bouquet.  I used Simply Floral in Kettering (Ohio) which is co-owned by my friend, Tori, whom I've known since I worked at the Fraze Pavilion (an outdoor theater) in college.  I didn't have many fresh flowers - boutonnieres, corsages, our two bouquets and an arrangement for our table - but they were all beautiful.  All of the parents' flowers were a lighter shade of orange to set them apart and the mother's corsages with the addition of tiny white wax flowers were my favorite. 

Tori tied an acorn charm made by lillyella to my bouquet.  I also wore one around my neck on a chain I borrowed from Mom.

IMG_1130

photo by me

Seeing as how there are several photos in this post already and I haven't even gotten to the ceremony yet, I think I'll divvy the day up in to different posts.  I just have so many favorite photos and favorite things.  Of course, seeing as how it was my wedding day, I guess that makes complete sense!



2 comments:

  1. You are so detail-oriented and seem to describe everything in your wedding beautifully. Good luck and have a happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete