Friday, August 28, 2009

Emily Is...

Lucy catching up on her reading  ...thankful...

The girls arrived safely and were shockingly calm.  It really wasn't the personality shattering experience I thought it might be.  Within minutes they were exploring all three floors, basking in sunny spots, checking under and lying on top of beds, purring and looking out windows.  I am so relieved.  It really was incredibly strange to see them on his side of the video camera but it was also incredibly wonderful.

It took much longer than we would have ever imagined for them to be released.  Thankfully, the girls
were immediately taken out of their cages and looked over by a vet
which gave them a much needed break from hours in their kennels. 

New hide out I'm also - and most of all - thankful for my wonderful, cat-loving husband who has had a very long day.  Lucky him, though, he gets to curl up and take a nap with at least one grateful cat, maybe two. 

...knitting...

Just bound off the Summer Lace Shawlette.  We had some problems, that gal and I, and there were more than a few rows ripped back due to the fact that I got a little too comfortable at times and there was more than a little cursing but I'm pleased and can't wait to see how it looks once it's blocked. 

Now I guess I'll go back to finishing the reading mitts or maybe go ahead and cast on Stella's Hat just because I'm anxious to knit with the Misti Alpaca - it's so soft.



2 comments: