Thursday, August 20, 2009

Greetings From the Gutter

While visiting Matt in May we stopped at the Spread Eagle pub...

The Spread Eagle Sign

...for a cider and...

Nobby's Nuts 

We had Nobby's Nuts at the Spread Eagle!  My inner pre-teen had to snicker and take photos. 

Ironically, the only other pub I've been to is called The Bush.  This was the view from our table...

The Bush Again 

I'm not the only one who's looked at that photo and thought it said, "No Fucking" rather than "No Smoking."

Sorry, it's been a rough couple of days - I needed a giggle.  And, ahem, I haven't seen my husband in a month and a half.



2 comments:

  1. nuts, bush and that interesting sign which DID seem to be saying " No *ucking instead of No Smoking....all that being said, I wouldn't have had a giggle, I would STILL be rolling on the floor laughing!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete