Monday, July 26, 2010

A Sunday Sweater

I've finally finished a sweater for the little acorn!  Okay, it's not a sweater exactly - it's a vest - but it's finished.  I have one sweater needing buttons and two that need sleeves and buttons so finishing is a pretty big deal. 


Top

I have a lot of love for this pattern - the Pebble Vest by Nikol Lohr - and am resisting the urge to cast on another in a different color.  I found one skein of a beautiful blue wool on sale today and stumbled across some really cute little buttons with anchors on them while looking for these red buttons in my stash today so I might give the similar but completely different Baby T-Shirt Vest pattern a try instead.


Side

This would make a great little gift for a mother-to-be.  I was able to knit it in a day - granted I spent a couple of hours working on it at my knit group and happily spent most of the evening on it as well - and blocked and sewed on the buttons today. 


Buttons

It's just the teeny, tiniest little thing, though, so he won't get too much wear out of it.  Unfortunately, I didn't check the yarn label of this Knit Picks City Tweed DK until after I'd finished knitting it so I didn't know that I was knitting up a hand wash only baby garment.  That said, in this case not getting a lot of wear out if it is not exactly a bad thing.  Thankfully, the wool I bought today is machine washable.  I made sure to check before I bought it. 



5 comments:

  1. Really cute! I love that it is red....

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooo cute!! I LOVE city tweed! how hard can it be to swish that tiny thing around in a sink of water - it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tweed and the red; acorn will look adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete