Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Friends, Tea Sets and Tickets

I met up with a new friend, Squiblet, from the Sunday afternoon knitting group today.  Like I said before, I love Matt but it was really nice to hang out with a girl for a little bit.  After showing me some of the sewing/craft shops in Salisbury (yaay!), we went to a cafe I'd not been to yet called Polly's, for tea and cake and, I think, had a great time.   It's nice to have someone to ask what seem like silly questions like where are the best places to shop for clothes - although when you're in a completely new country, that's really not such a silly question. 

As if I didn't have enough tea and sweet things, I came home and had lunch and decided a good book and more tea was a good idea since I'd yet to use the tea set for grown ups that my mother-in-law gave me the other day.

TEA SET FOR GROWN UPS

Note, Ginny, the tray and mat - now that I've unpacked it, we use it almost daily!

Ugh, unfortunately now I'm feeling all full and lethargic and not at all like doing any unpacking.  We got a lot done yesterday, though.  We unwrapped the amazingly well packed (by the moving company, not us) grandfather clock and took all of our broken down boxes, packing popcorn and paper to the recycling facility.  It felt so to good to get it all out of the house and getting the giant clock out of the pile of boxes makes me feel like we've really made progress - it was huge.  Unpacking is a slow process but it's definitely starting to feel like our home around here.  

Oh, I saw someone get a ticket just a little bit ago for parking on our street which is reserved for residents only during the day.  It seems like a strange thing to blog about but I was fascinated by his thoroughness.  He wrote the ticket and then took photos of the front of the car and then a couple of the inside or possibly just the front windshield due maybe to a missing or expired parking sticker.  After all those pictures, he took one of the restriction sign which was only a few feet away.  Then he finished up the ticket, put it in an envelope with sticky tape on it, taped it to the top of the window on the drivers side, took a photo of it on the car and then wrote in his little notepad for several minutes before finally setting off in search of other villainous vehicles.  See?  Really thorough. 



1 comment:

  1. That tea set is beautiful! Seeing the tray in use so far away is lovely. (and a tiny bit sad)

    ReplyDelete