Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Least Worn Garter in Wedding History

GarterI assumed it was fate when Matt brought this particular issue of Simply Knitting with him when he came to visit last February because by the time he left we were engaged and it just happened to have a pattern for a knitted wedding cake by Alan Dart as well as a sweet little garter. 

I couldn't really see any reason to knit a wedding cake but I had to make the garter.  It was a fairly simple pattern but when it came to wearing it on the big day I found that simply tying it together really didn't work out so well.  I guess I should have given it a trial run.  It had fallen nearly all the way down my leg by the time I came downstairs to take photos so I slipped it off and tucked it in Matt's pocket where it stayed for a very long time.  I had completely forgotten about it when we decided to ship his wedding suit with the rest of my things on a slow boat so it stayed there in his pocket until I unpacked that particular box a week or two ago.   Since I wasn't totally keen on posting a photo of my naked thighs as I slipped it on, no matter how wonderful the photo was (sorry, Lisa), I decided to wait to write about it when I could take a proper, non-half-naked photo. 

So, finally, the wedding posts are complete.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment