Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy 101 Awards

Kate of Lazy Kate Creates tagged me for the Happy 101 Awards (thanks again, Kate!) over,
um, a month ago and I actually started this post exactly a month
ago.  Yikes.  Since then I've managed to misplace my little Casio
camera (argh! where are you?!) which has the photos I took to finish the post
so I took a few more this afternoon and am determined to finish and post about
the things that make me happy.  You know, like actually finishing this
post.  :)



Matt - This one is pretty obvious.  I remember saying to my mom,
maybe even before Matt and I got married, that he would be The Man to be
married to while pregnant and he is.  I keep telling him he should save
some of the 'doing everything for me' (although if it weren't for him I would
forget my vitamin more often than not) for when I really can't do things for
myself so easily but I don't think he will.  Pregnancy is a good time to
be married to a squirrel!  



Our Little Acorn - Also obvious but high on the list
never-the-less.  Sure, the way that little acorn makes me feel sometimes
doesn't exactly make me happy but I've known since I was 17 that I was meant to
be a mommy and am happy to finally get to have this experience.   I
can't wait to see him or her again at our next scan here in a few (okay, four)
weeks!



Going Back to Ohio* - Even the slightest little thought of this one
makes me smile!  We're going back to Ohio for my family reunion in
June!  Not only will I get to see my family and my family get to see me
showing. I hope, at least a little bit, I'll also have the chance to see Ginny
showing quite a bit and I'll be there for her baby shower.  And the food -
I'm so excited about the food!  I think we'll have to eat out every day
considering the length of the list of places I miss.  My brother and his
fiance will be up from New Orleans, too.  I haven't seen him since the
wedding and have yet to even meet my future sister-in-law.  The one night
we did a Skype with them while Mom and Dad were here, I was so prego-tired that
by the time the call actually took place, I was in bed and fast asleep. 



And, as an added bonus, Matt and I will also be able to spend our first
anniversary sitting in the shade under the tree where we were married last
summer.



My iTouch - I had no idea what an iTouch was when Matt took me
shopping for one.  Now I can't live without it.  It's a quick way to
check email and surf the web and it's also a great way to play games.  I
have an embarrassing number of apps...


IMG_4529



This is a tower defense game called The Creeps! that Matt and play
constantly.  By strategically placing weapons like ray guns and boomerangs
you try to make sure the ghosties, vampires and other scary things (although
there are other levels with space and underwater scary things) don't get to the
scared kid hiding under the covers in the bed.  Sounds silly, I know,but
it's fun.  For some reason it recently reset our games so we're starting
all over again but neither of us really mind. 



I read an article a few weeks ago that made me realize that this little
gadget it really going to come in handy come this fall.  It'll be perfect
for those middle of the night feedings!  I can browse the internet,
Facebook and, if I get a chance, tune in to the BBC iPlayer and catch up on a
little television. 



My grey cotton yoga pants - I seriously wish I'd bought more than one
pair of these last summer at Kohls.  I'll admit I kind of spent quite a
lot of time in them before I was pregnant but now that even the jeans I have
that still fit aren't really comfortable enough for all day wear...I live in
them.  They're stretchy and comfy and will see me through many more
months, I'm sure.  Heck, yesterday I had to walk into town to return a
movie to Blockbuster and, after a few moments of deliberation and thoughts
concerning the fashion police, I just threw on a jacket and left while still
wearing my heavenly grey pants. 



Fresh flowers - Nothing cheers up a room more than fresh
flowers.  These are my first Mother's Day flowers - pretty tulips that
opened up nearly the minute I put them in front of a window full of
sunshine. 


IMG_4526 



Lucy & Mina - My cats.  :)  One of the photos on my
missing camera was of Mina in her usual spot - sprawled in my lap (with Lucy
sometimes curled up on the couch beside us) - and, of course, for the first
time today she's nowhere to be found so a replacement photo isn't going to
happen any time soon.  I've read that animals can tell when you're
pregnant and I think Mina is one of those who can.  She's always been
cuddly but her cuddleness is in overdrive now.  She comes running from
where ever she was lurking as soon as she hears me sit down and jumps into my
lap.  Of course, this behavior could also be because I'm actually sitting
down more often....



A good book - I've had a really good run recently when it comes to
books.  I've actually been keeping a list since the beginning of the year and can't believe
that I've yet to post a link to it here.  I just started reading A
Patchwork Planet
by Anne Tyler last night.  Tyler has written two of
my very favorite books, The Accidental Tourist and Dinner at the
Homesick Restaurant
, and makes me wish her characters were real people
because I would love to have a long talk with Macon or have dinner with Ezra at
the Homesick Restaurant.  I've not had this feeling with any of her books
since but this one has potential. 



Stationary sets - Paperchase makes the best stationary sets! 
This is one I bought yesterday and I can't wait to break it out later
tonight.  We finally printed off photos of the baby from our 12 week scan
to send to my grannies and, of course, I have to include a letter.  :)


IMG_4533



Paper, envelopes, address labels and stickers.  I love the paper
because the reverse side is always printed with a super cute design.  This
set is especially cute because the paper comes in two shades - white and brown
- and the designs are completely different.  So cute!



So I know I'm supposed to pass on this fun award by tagging ten people
but, honestly, I'm not a tagger.  It's not that there's no one out there
who makes me happy - if you're reading this, trust me, you make me happy - but
I'm just not good at knowing (beyond a handful of people) who actually reads
this blog.  But, like I said, if you're reading this, you make me happy
and I'd love to hear what makes you happy, too!

*My experience promises to be nothing like The Pretenders song.  :)

3 comments:

  1. my friend told me a little trick on the jeans front: thread a rubber band through the buttonhole, then through its other end to snug it on there, then snap the bloop of rubber band over your button- voila, normal jeans are now pregnancy jeans (okay, so your tops need to be long enough so that no one notices your pants are unzipped, but she never bought prgnancy pants, and she has 3 kids)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, a book list - it's like the perfect combination for me - i love lists and i love someone telling me what to read. oh, i'm giddy over book lists! whee!
    and those stationary sets? fantastic! i'm always looking at japanese ones on superbuzzy.com but just cant' justify it in these modern days. i still write thank you notes though. 'cause my mama taught me right. maybe i should switch to thank you letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Anne Tyler, too! Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant is one of the best books I've ever read. I'd actually like to read it again.

    ReplyDelete