Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Dear Boy...

JayneThis Jayne Hat is the first knitting project I completed after learning to crochet and kind of abandoning knitting for about a year.  I purchased this awesome kit from Heather Hill.  I cannot stress how cool the kit was! The envelope came stamped with Serenity themed stamps, as if it had traveled from Ma Cobb to me just as Jayne's original hat traveled.  The pattern came in sleeve protectors - nice! - and included the letter Ma Cobb sent to Jayne with the hat in the Firefly episode, "The Message".  And not only did it come with a handy premade pom pom but she also included stitch markers.  This designer thought of everything.  The colors were dead on and the Lamb's Pride was a dream to knit with - I have no idea why I've never used it since. 

This is my go to hat when it's really cold outside - especially if it's snowing.  It's comfy and crazy warm.  I get lots of comments but not once has anyone ever actually recognized it as Jayne's hat. 

This was taken in Ohio in January of 2009 when we had record amounts of snow.  Matt was visiting hence the silly "taking a picture of someone taking a picture" picture. 


Matt's Visit 009

And to prove that it really is my go to snow hat - another snowy photo.  This one was taken in front of the cathedral here in Salisbury this past January.  


IMG_3712

I love this hat and will never be too old to wear it.  :)


Blog week 

Click this link if you'd like to read other Knit & Crochet Blog Week entries for day six.

Tags: knitcroblo6



2 comments:

  1. Omigosh! I love your hat - and the kit sounds awesome! And...how timely your post is; Carrie F. and I were just discussing having a Firefly marathon and knitting ourselve some clever hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hat! I still want to make one for James, and for me.

    ReplyDelete