Monday, January 25, 2010

Not For Those With a Weak Disposition

I have a lot of things to post but haven't been able to take photos yet so instead you get this...

STRANGE THINGS MY DAD ATE

WHILE IN CHINA LAST WEEK

Calamari

Let's start simple.  Calamari may not be strange with a capital S but the presentation is kinda gross and I have no idea what that white stuff is it's, um, swimming in.

Calamari & Sea Worms in Gelatin

More calamari.  This time in gelatin with sea worms.  Yuck.

Conch

Conch.  I think this is actually very visually appealing.

Snails

Snails.  No, thanks.

Fried Baby Sea Snakes

This is my favorite - fried baby sea snakes! 

Now I know someone is going to tell me that they either love baby sea snakes or that calamari in gelatin is deeeee-licious....



3 comments:

  1. The conch looks good. But only if I tell myself it's chocolate truffles or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Baby sea snakes! Who thought eating those was a good idea?
    I guess if you must, fried deep fried would be best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time I'm pretty open about trying new things, but "gelatin with sea worms" just turned my stomach.
    The conch and snails were pretty attractive, though.

    ReplyDelete