Thursday, January 21, 2010

Restlessly Seeking Inspiration

I've been feeling creatively restless recently which means I'm not sure when I'll ever finish a project.  Until I can, here are a couple that are unfinished....

Fetching 

Fetching because I thought, after 14,172 projects, is was time for me to hop on the bandwagon.  I've had a skein of Malabrigo Silky Merino in my stash for awhile now and I wanted a pair of short arm warmers.  I've knitted the thumb once but it looked horrible.  Like lots of other people, I have trouble with thumbs.  I haven't quite felt like giving it a second try but I'd better do it soon and cast on the second one or it'll might be a long time before I ever get to wear them.

Orange & Pink 

And a little pink and orange project that I'll reveal when it's finished.  Lots of color, though, right?

I picked up some Rowan Cocoon the other day...

Cocoon 

...and have cast on two different hats but my allergies were so bad that night that I was messing up left and right so I frogged both of them and haven't given them much thought since. 

Nothing really makes me want to knit.  I need inspiration before I watch so many reruns of Buffy, Angel, Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and NCIS that my eyeballs just fall out of my head.

What are you working on these days?



2 comments:

  1. eshy, from ravelry here!!
    I'm working on another baktus (this one for a new friend here in California). This time though, the yarn is thinner, needles are smaller, and so it's taking me much longer. That and my yarn keeps getting tangled. I've also got some dish/wash cloths going ... the classic slip stitch ballband pattern that I find so exciting. My other WIP is stalled for lack of appropriate needles, sadly.
    I have done a little collage and watercolor recently, which I found very creatively invigorating. And perusing my "friends activity" section of ravelry this morning was very exciting!! Sometimes a few weeks of imagining projects and dreaming up color and possibilities is necessary :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. 1 - yaay for new friends in your new home (because I know how difficult that is) and 2 - I'm jealous that you can paint.  That's something I've always wished I had a knack for.  :)

    ReplyDelete