Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some Ridiculous Whining or How I Got Connected

I promise to reply to emails in a timely manner, to post a bit more often and to start commenting on blogs where I often just lurk.

No, this isn't a resolution to be a better internet friend - it's an announcement that our little house is finally wireless!  Before today I had to use the desktop computer on the third floor which was okay but it's incredibly cold up there these days. Plus I had to download photos to my laptop and then transfer them to the desktop using a USB drive which was getting a bit monotonous. I also hadn't updated any iTouch apps or downloaded any beloved podcasts since September and I really missed Ira Glass.  I found myself longing to catch up on blogs and click around Ravelry
from the comfort of our bed or even tucked up under a blanket on the
couch. 

Cry me a river, I know.

Anyway, we checked out the new year sales today and - woo hoo! - I'm watching Nevermind the Buzzcocks (Josh Groban is really funny - who knew? and who knew that I would so quickly get to the point where an American accent would sound strange?) reruns and blogging in bed.  

My real resolutions?  Keep the fish tank cleaner (have I mentioned that Mina and Lucy have their own pets?  They do and their names are, cleverly, Lucyfish and Minafish) and not leave my clothes lying about. 



1 comment:

  1. Yay for wireless! There is nothing wrong with wanting to curl up in bed with the laptop rather than being cold up on the third floor. :)

    ReplyDelete