Friday, January 8, 2010

Would the Real Emily Please Step Forward?

Three things I would not have said in any seriousness a year ago but can say honestly now:

It's five-thirty on a Friday night and I just put a whole chicken in the oven to roast. 

I had a serious conversation with Matt a few minutes ago about a class on beekeeping that I read about in a cooking magazine and would like to maybe take when we buy a house. 

We stopped in WHSmith while in town this afternoon and I was thrilled to find a new issue of Country Living

CIMG3622

(Pardon the terrible photo - I can't wait for the days to get longer)

New Country Living Issue Day makes me ridiculously happy.  A quick flip through and - look - there's even a little article on knitting!

CIMG3625 

Now if I could curl up with a cat, a cup of tea and this magazine.  The cat and, obviously, the magazine are doable but, unfortunately, the weather has made milk a scarce commodity.  We could only find skim the night before we got the snow and not only does skim not make a very good cup of tea but we're almost out of that, too.  M&S is still milk-less so we have our fingers crossed that we'll be able to find some tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment